Quick, Affordable, Civil Marriages in Virginia: Anyone Can Get Married in Winchester
While I am a court-appointed marriage commissioner and wedding officiant, I am also a professional wedding photographer. For years I have been to and experienced many types of weddings. From family farm gatherings to lavish, extravagant ceremonies and receptions by the United States Capitol, I have been honored to see it all.
While your standard wedding days are a lot of fun, they are not for everyone. Many people only want to legally “tie the knot” and be married with a quick civil ceremony so they can be called husband and wife. Not to mention saving a TON of money in the process!
Have a Quick Civil Marriage in Winchester, VA – Same Day!
For those couples looking for a quick civil marriage, I am pleased to offer my services as a marriage commissioner. I have been officially appointed by the Frederick County Court to serve as a marriage commissioner throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia (a modern day Justice of the Peace so to speak).
What does this mean for you? It means that you do not need a chapel, a church, or a religious pastor or preacher to marry you. For $49 I can perform a quick civil ceremony (under 3 minutes) right outside the courthouse to pronounce you man and wife.
I have written before exactly how to get married, but basically all you need to do is get your marriage license, have me perform a quick civil ceremony, and that’s it. All of it can be done in the same day, all within a total time of approximately 30 minutes.
How to Get Married in Winchester, Virginia In Under 30 Minutes
How is this possible? It works like this…
- Email or text me letting me know the date and time you would like to be married (it can be the same day even if I am free!).
- Make sure you both have valid IDs that are not expired (Driver’s License for example).
- Arrive at the Winchester Joint Judicial Center on 5 N. Kent Street, Winchester, VA 22601 approximately 25-30 minutes before you would like to be married.
- Obtain your marriage license from EITHER the Winchester City or Frederick County Circuit Court (both located on the first floor). Note: You can get your marriage license from any circuit court in Virginia, but these two courts are right in Winchester which makes it easy.
- Pay the court clerk $30 for your marriage license. You will need to show them your IDs (mentioned in step 2).
- Meet me right outside the courthouse with your marriage license at the time we determined, and I will perform a very quick civil ceremony. It takes 2-3 minutes tops for the quickest version.
- We all then return inside the courthouse where I complete a small portion of the marriage license paperwork, and then return it to the court you obtained your marriage license from.
That’s it! You are now a legally married couple. You can then obtain a certified copy of your marriage license from the court for an additional $3 per copy. All done within 30 minutes give or take a few.
Winchester Makes It Easy for Couples to Be Married Quickly
I’ve heard the saying tossed around by quite a few people that Winchester, VA is the marriage capital of the East Coast. After being a wedding officiant / marriage commissioner for quite a while now, I am in 100% agreement with that statement.
If you have any questions about getting married in Virginia or having a quick civil wedding performed right in Winchester, please feel free to contact me. I try respond to all inquiries within minutes of receipt (unless I am marrying a couple or photographing a wedding of course).