Quick, Affordable, Civil Marriages in Virginia: Anyone Can Get Married in Winchester
While I am a court-appointed marriage commissioner and wedding officiant, I am also a professional wedding photographer. For years I have been to and experienced many types of weddings. From family farm gatherings to lavish, extravagant ceremonies and receptions by the United States Capitol, I have been honored to see it all.
While your standard wedding days are a lot of fun, they are not for everyone. Many people only want to legally “tie the knot” and be married with a quick civil ceremony so they can be called husband and wife. Not to mention saving a TON of money in the process!
Have a Quick Civil Marriage in Winchester, VA – Same Day!
NOTICE: AT THIS TIME THE FREDERICK COUNTY / WINCHESTER CITY JUDICIAL CENTER COURTHOUSE IS ONLY ISSUING MARRIAGE LICENSES TO COUPLES WHO RESIDE IN THE COUNTY / CITY.
If you reside from another city/ county in Virginia or live out of state, you will need to get your marriage license from another Virginia Circuit Court. Please contact me for options.
For those couples looking for a quick civil marriage, I am pleased to offer my services as a marriage commissioner. I have been officially appointed by the Frederick County Court to serve as a marriage commissioner throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia (a modern day Justice of the Peace so to speak).
What does this mean for you? It means that you do not need a chapel, a church, or a religious pastor or preacher to marry you. For $49 I can perform a quick civil ceremony (under 3 minutes) right outside the courthouse to pronounce you man and wife.
I have written before exactly how to get married, but basically all you need to do is get your marriage license, have me perform a quick civil ceremony, and that’s it. All of it can be done in the same day, all within a total time of approximately 30 minutes.
How to Get Married in Winchester, Virginia In Under 30 Minutes
How is this possible? It works like this…
- Email or text me letting me know the date and time you would like to be married (it can be the same day even if I am free!).
- Make sure you both have valid IDs that are not expired (Driver’s License for example).
- Arrive at the Winchester Joint Judicial Center on 5 N. Kent Street, Winchester, VA 22601 approximately 25-30 minutes before you would like to be married.
- Obtain your marriage license from EITHER the Winchester City or Frederick County Circuit Court (both located on the first floor). Note: You can get your marriage license from any circuit court in Virginia, but these two courts are right in Winchester which makes it easy.
- Pay the court clerk $30 for your marriage license. You will need to show them your IDs (mentioned in step 2).
- Meet me right outside the courthouse with your marriage license at the time we determined, and I will perform a very quick civil ceremony. It takes 2-3 minutes tops for the quickest version.
- We all then return inside the courthouse where I complete a small portion of the marriage license paperwork, and then return it to the court you obtained your marriage license from.
That’s it! You are now a legally married couple. You can then obtain a certified copy of your marriage license from the court for an additional $3 per copy. All done within 30 minutes give or take a few.
Winchester Makes It Easy for Couples to Be Married Quickly
I’ve heard the saying tossed around by quite a few people that Winchester, VA is the marriage capital of the East Coast. After being a wedding officiant / marriage commissioner for quite a while now, I am in 100% agreement with that statement.
If you have any questions about getting married in Virginia or having a quick civil wedding performed right in Winchester, please feel free to contact me. I try respond to all inquiries within minutes of receipt (unless I am marrying a couple or photographing a wedding of course).