Quick, Private, Easy Outdoor Weddings in Virginia
You decided you want to get married in Virginia and tie the knot! As a couple you know you want something for just the two of you, quick, easy, but a little more private and “special” than a quick wedding at the courthouse. For an intimate, easy wedding, look not further than The Woodland Package!
A Private, Intimate, Quiet Outdoor Wedding Venue
Making my home in the mountains north of Winchester, VA, I offer my private 17-acre property as a site for eloping couples to come and privately say their “I dos” to one another through my Woodland Package. Featuring wooded areas, a mountain view, rustic farm fencing, an archway, and plenty of wildlife, the only sounds you will hear during your wedding are those of birds chirping (and the occasional rooster crow from our nearby chickens). The property is also shared by my nonprofit organization Piggins and Banks: Pig and Animal Sanctuary which gives a forever home to over 50 pigs and other animals such as bunnies, horses, cats, and dogs.
NO GUEST POLICY: As this package takes place at my private residence, only the couple and children can be accommodated. No other guests are allowed to attend.
PETS WELCOME: Couples are welcome to bring their pets as long as they remain on a leash (my property is not fenced in and is frequented by deer and other wild animals).
Optional Photo, Video, and Pig Packages
The Woodland Package comes by default with two to three portrait photos taken which you receive digital files of (prints available as an optional purchase). I do offer several add-ons allowing you to customize your package including:
- Extended photo session: an extended 20 minute photo session all around my property at different scenic spots with digital files included.
- Video recording: a professional, multi-angle, edited video of your ceremony with high-quality audio recording. A final video file is provided via a download link.
- Wedding announcement cards: customized wedding announcement cards designed using my standard template and two photographs you select printed on very high-quality premium 5×7 card stock
- Meet my certified therapy pet pig: Want to meet a friendly pig on your wedding day? It’s Mary Piggins, my certified therapy pet pig! She is trained to meet with people and spread cheer and smiles by helping people learn about pigs and how special they are as animals.
I Want to Get Married Here…What’s Next?
Getting married at my residence through the Woodland Package is a super easy, stress-free process! All you have to do is follow these steps:
1. Contact me to see what dates I have available: Your first step is to fill out my contact form which will give me all the information I need to check my availability and get you some pricing. I perform weddings on all days of the week (aside from Sunday) for my Woodland Package, so I should be able to find a date and time to accommodate you. My calendar does fill up fast though, so please contact me ASAP if interested.
2. Have a plan to get your marriage license: You will need to obtain your marriage license from your local Virginia Circuit Court in Virginia prior to your wedding day. You can get your marriage license up to 60 days prior to the ceremony, and you can view a list of Virginia Circuit Courts near you here: http://www.courts.state.va.us/courts/circuit.html. It costs $30 for your marriage license and both of you need to be present with an official ID (driver’s license for example). The court will also need to know the full names (first, middle, and last) of each of your parents as they appear on your birth certificate (along with your mothers’ maiden name), so be sure you know that information ahead of time. It does not take long, but I would allow 30 minutes for them to do the paperwork. Please note the courts are only open during weekdays, Monday through Friday, usually from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Please be sure to bring BOTH copies (A and B) of the marriage license with you for me to complete and return to the court.
That’s all there is to it. Once you have a date picked out with me and a plan on where you will get your Virginia marriage license, you will be all set and we can work out the details of your ceremony leading up to your wedding day, along with how the paperwork filing works after you are married (it’s very simple!).
Contact me to get started on booking your Woodland Package wedding in Virginia.