The Best Private Venue for Your Elopement in Winchester, VA
Eloping does not mean that you are required to be married at a courthouse. I have written many times about how easy Virginia makes it to get your marriage license, and that you can pick a location anywhere in the Commonwealth to exchange your wedding vows. However the one small drawback to being married at a public location is that you run the chance of having some random people witness your elopement ceremony.
This may be of little concern for the majority of people, but some want the assurance of complete privacy when they say their vows to one another, exchange rings, and give one another their first kiss as a married couple. For this reason I am proud to offer my own private mountain property as an option for your elopement or very small intimate wedding through my apt-named Woodland Package.
A Private, Quiet, Setting in the Woods for Your Wedding
I made a home for my family here on the mountain as we enjoy nature and the peace and quiet it brings. Aside from the sounds of some of our pet farm animals or the distant nearby home-improvement project of our nearest neighbor, there is complete silence in the woods. Shortly after I began my position as Marriage Commissioner, my wife suggested that I offer our home as a location for couples to marry for those looking for guaranteed privacy.
It was such a great idea that I got to work immediately constructing a path into the middle of our wooded property that I thought would make a wonderful spot for marriages. After completing a path, I also built a platform overlooking the woods that can accommodate a couple and a small number of guests for conducting wedding ceremonies.
As an added bonus, the woods makes wonderful scenery for photographs if you choose to add those to your elopement package (a portrait print photo package is included, with the option to add-on an extended 20 minute photo session with digital files included). I’ll also add that if you love animals, you are welcome to visit our pet pigs and miniature horse!
Get Married Outdoors in Virginia with Complete, Guaranteed Privacy with the Woodland Package
There are not many places that I know of in the state of Virginia that are outdoors and guarantee you complete privacy for your wedding without paying exorbitant venue rental fees. If you use my home for your elopement wedding ceremony, your venue cost is $0…nothing…FREE! You are only paying me to perform your marriage and take photographs.
Here is what’s included with the Woodland Package:
- Wedding officiant / celebrant service at my private venue
- Marriage license filed with the courthouse next business day
- Commemorative wedding certificate
- Portrait photographs taken immediately after the ceremony
- Print package of photographs featuring two 8x10s, two 5x7s, two 4x6s and 8 wallets delivered to your home address within 7-10 business days (photographer’s choice)
- Private online photo gallery with print ordering option to share with family and friends
- Extended 20 minute photo session with digital files included available as an additional add-on
- Same day wedding service available!
- NO GUEST POLICY: As this package takes place at my private residence, only the couple can be accommodated. No other guests are allowed to attend.
If you would like to book the Woodland Package for your elopement or small wedding, contact me today to reserve a date and time! I look forward to hosting one of the happiest days of your life at my home.