Get a Legal Marriage Before Your Destination Wedding in Winchester, VA
Destination weddings are pretty cool. Who wouldn’t want to get married by a spectacular water fall in South America…on the warm, relaxing beaches of the Caribbean…or atop a magnificent glacier in Iceland? You get to exchange your vows at a once-in-a-lifetime location and really make your day special.
However one issue many couples run into is making sure their destination wedding is legal and recognized in the United States.
Among some problems you are likely to encounter when booking a destination wedding are:
- Finding and reserving a wedding officiant in another country
- Ensuring the officiant is legally able to perform weddings in that country
- Guaranteeing that a marriage license from that destination is recognized in the United States
Imagine the disappointment of returning from your wedding only to realize that your marriage did not count, and you have to do it all over again. Or even worse…getting to your destination only to find out the officiant has no authority what-so-ever to perform weddings!
Get Your Legal Marriage First, Then Enjoy Your Destination Wedding
If you want to ensure that you come back from your wedding/vacation officially married…there is one easy solution. Get a legal marriage before you leave!
Many couples whom I have married at the Winchester / Frederick County courthouse have gotten married there for this exact reason. Since it is so easy to get your marriage license and get married in the same day in Winchester, a couple can visit the courthouse and walk away with an official legal marriage in 30 minutes.
How to Get Legally Married in Virginia
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Contact me to schedule an appointment for a specific date and time.
2. Both of you arrive at the Winchester / Frederick County Judicial Center (5 N. Kent Street, Winchester, VA) 30 minutes BEFORE your appointment with me to first obtain your marriage license from the court. Both of you will need a valid photo ID…such as a Driver’s License or Passport, along with $30 to pay the court for your marriage license. It will take roughly 20-30 minutes.
3. After you have your license, you will meet me outside the courthouse at your scheduled appointment time and I will marry you in a quick 2 minute civil ceremony.
4. Then I will complete the marriage license paperwork immediately afterwards and file it with the court right then and there!
5. You are then able to instantly purchase a certified copy of the marriage license from the court ($3 per copy).
Get Legally Married First, So You Can Enjoy Your Destination Wedding
By getting your legal marriage done in Virginia, you are able to relax and enjoy your destination wedding ceremony and vacation know that all of the paperwork has been taken care of. While your destination wedding may only be for ceremony and show only, it will not make it any less memorable. You will return back to the United States knowing you are recognized as a legally married couple and can begin your new life together.
If you are interested in setting up a quick marriage at the courthouse, submit my contact form or text me directly at 540-686-1220. I’m ready to help you become a legally, married couple!