How to Get Married Quickly and Legally in Virginia
Looking to have a quick and legal wedding? Getting married in Winchester, VA is easy and takes less than 45 minutes!
For many reasons various couples often contact me looking to get married via an easy, quick, and simple wedding. Some have been together for years and have finally decided to make it official. Other couples are planning a larger, more traditional wedding for family and friends in the future, but want to get married now for financial and insurance reasons. This is also very common for military personnel, who due to their service to our country, do not have much leave time to marry the one they love.
Having a quick and legal civil wedding could not be any easier than it is in the state of Virginia…especially in Winchester, VA.
WHAT YOU NEED
1. Both of You in Attendance – For a couple to get married, both of you must be present to receive your marriage license and be married. Marriages by proxy (where one member of the couple is not present) are not allowed in Virginia.
2. $79 – The cost for a marriage in Winchester, VA is $79 ($49 for my services to marry you and $30 which you pay the court for a marriage license). Please note there is an additional cost of $5 for each guest that may attend…though no witnesses or guests are required to get married.
3. A Government-Issued ID – Both of you must bring a valid, government-issued photo ID to obtain your marriage license. This can be either a driver’s license, passport document, or birth certificate (if from another country it must be written in English).
HOW IT WORKS
1. First, contact me to schedule an appointment for a specific date and time at the Winchester, VA courthouse (located at 5 N. Kent Street, Winchester, VA).
2. Once scheduled, you arrive at the Winchester / Frederick County Judicial Center 30 minutes BEFORE your appointment with me to first obtain your marriage license from the court (be sure to bring your government issued ID). You pay the court $30 for your marriage license. It will take roughly 20-30 minutes.
3. After you have your license, I will meet you inside the courthouse at your scheduled appointment time and marry you in a quick 2 minute ceremony. We can also do the marriage outside the courthouse if you prefer.
4. I will then complete the marriage license paperwork immediately afterwards and file it with the court. This will only take 5 minutes at the most.
5. You are then able to instantly purchase a certified copy of the marriage license from the court ($3 per copy).
This whole process takes less than 45 minutes!
HOW TO BOOK A DATE AND TIME
If you want to book a date and time for a quick legal marriage at the Winchester, Virginia courthouse you can either fill out my contact form online or text me at 540-686-1220.
I look forward to hearing from you and helping you get married in Virginia!